We celebrated my aunt’s 70th birthday this past weekend in Brooklyn. Between running around during the week, going to birthday parties, with my daughter, and enjoying the time with my family, it definitely took a toll on my body. By the time Sunday morning came, both feet were swollen, my body had felt like it was run over by a bus! Even with trying to prepare, and trying to prevent my body from reacting, I still suffered the after effects. I try to plan ahead when I know I have a busy week or weekend approaching. Here are a few tips that I personally consider when planning my day/week:
- Make a list of everything that you want completed
- Consider the weather and location
- Make sure to eat, take vitamins, and try to avoid being around anyone sick
- Try to consider the length of time you will be out and the activity
- Make sure there will be restrooms available and within a reasonable distance
- Try to get as much rest in between, and at night
- Listen to you BODY!! (This is something I need to do more, I tend to avoid my body’s signals. It is important to listen to your body, and take the rest needed, to avoid over exertion.